Seal of Dane County County of Dane
Dane County Parks

Redeem a Permit Purchased at a Park

Thank you for purchasing an annual permit from one of our Electronic Pay Stations. The pay station receipt serves as a temporary permit and must be redeemed for a physical permit (sticker, plastic, metal) within 30 days using one of the three methods below. 

Read all steps fully.

Ways to Redeem

1. Email

  • Fill out the information on the receipt and take a photo. Make sure all information, including the unique receipt number, is visible.
  • Email our office at with the username of your online account if you have one (*directions below) and attach the receipt photo. You may include your contact information in the body of the email to ensure that we enter your information correctly.
  • Once you submit your receipt, your permit will be associated with your account in our Online Reservation and Permit System and the permit will be mailed to you.
  • Save your receipt to use as a temporary permit.

*To Create / Modify Your Online Account

It may be helpful to set up an account in our Online Reservation and Permit System. Once it's set up, note your username, exit the online system, and continue with the steps above to email us.

If you do not set one up, our staff will set one up for you using your email address as the username and your 10-digit phone number as the password. If you try to create an account and it says the phone # or email is already in use, we may have created an account for you in the past. Try logging in using your email as the username and your 10-digit phone number as the password (no hyphens). Need more help? Visit our reservation system Frequently Asked Questions webpage.


2. In Person

Fill out the information on the receipt and bring the receipt to the Dane County Parks Office at 5201 Fen Oak Dr, Madison, WI 53718 during normal business hours and exchange it for a physical permit. Please call ahead if you would like assurance that staff will be available when you arrive.

3. Mail

  • Tear off the form on the receipt along the dotted line and keep the upper portion to use as a temporary permit.
  • Fill out the information requested on the lower portion and mail it to the address below.
  • A physical permit will be mailed to you once your receipt is received.

Dane County Parks
5201 Fen Oak Drive, Room 208
Madison WI  53718-8827